Jeskola, the developer famous for the Buzz Machines modular software you may have heard of, has just made his excellent XS-1 sample player (formerly a $99 purchase) donationware, which means you can download and use it for free then donate what you choose, if you choose.
Unlimited part layering is possible, making the Jeskola XS-1 perfect for releasing free drum samples with multiple velocity layers per drum. Simply include the samples and a map for XS-1 and any PC user should be able to play your samples: no frustrating "Kontakt and EXS-24 maps included" that leave those without expensive samplers behind!
- Unlimited number of key and velocity zones per voice.
- Volume and Modulation envelopes with attack, hold, decay, sustain, release key to hold and key to decay parameters. Modulation envelope can modulate pitch and filter cutoff.
- Vibrato and Modulation LFOs with delay, frequency and depth parameters. Modulation envelope can modulate pitch, filter cutoff and volume.
- 4 filter types: 12 and 24dB per octave (2-pole and 4-pole) low-pass, 12 and 24db per octave high-pass.
- Global Reverb and Chorus send level.
- High quality and extra high quality interpolation
- Monophonic mode with retrigger switch and portamento time control.
- Tuning, volume, pan, key range, transpose, pitch wheel range controls for each part.
- MIDI Velocity to volume, velocity to filter cutoff.
- MIDI support: note on/off, sustain pedal, pitch bend, modulation wheel, channel volume.
- Master volume, master tune.
- Effects: Reverb, Chorus, Distortion.
- Supported output samplerates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz.